HealthLNK Data Repository (HDR)
HDR is an assembly of electronic health records from seven health care institutions.
Five large Academic Medical Centers:
- Northwestern Medicine,
- Rush University Medical Center,
- University of Chicago Hospitals and Clinic,
- University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center,
- Loyola University Medical Center
One large county health care system:
- Cook County Health and Hospital Systems
A network of community health centers with multiple care outlets:
- Alliance of Chicago
HDR is our flagship initiative bringing de-identified patient clinical data together to enable research studies with a potential for better outcomes. HealthLNK team works with researchers from contributing institutions to postulate research queries and process them securely. The data collection is done under an approved IRB from 2006 – 2016 (inclusive), with annual refreshes, and resides in an enterprise data warehouse behind one of the institutional firewall.
- A shared data resource to provide insight to policy makers, researchers, and public health officials on the health of the Chicago community and identify opportunities to improve care
- Leverage existing EHR data and weave together data from multiple institutions and publicly available data sources to measure disease burden and care delivered